I can not do this alone, and it is all my team’s effort, they are the ones working on the tough jobs, they need to work at ZhengHe Auto service all night long to fit the coach glass several times a month.
Mr. Zhao Yan Ming and his team (HangZhou-SLT Branch) made significant improvement during the integration period for the new acquisition in Hangzhou, they start to show to the customers in China what is Belron service standard
HangZhou SLT branch is a new acquisition, which became a member of Carglass China in June. 2010. The original business model is a mix of fitting jobs for car/bus, mobile rate is 80%.
Mr. Zhao Yan Ming joined SLT branch in April this year, by the time he joined the team, The branch members was barely coping, with many unqualified jobs, the NPS is 12%, and a regular number of complaints week by week.
Due to the customer needs, most of the mobile services for coaches need to be delivered at night, and to improve the efficiency the same group of 6 fitters need to take care of the day jobs as well. Teams moral was not high and Mr. Zhao needed to solve these issues before he can move on for Belron way of services.
Yan Ming’s solution is simple and direct, he chose to work and stay with his team day and night.
During the day time, Yan Ming works as a coordinator to plan the jobs, but without a call centre the customer has no way of making a reservation, so the coordinating means a lot of talking with fitters, warehouse, supplier, sales team and customers. He also works with the team as much as possible, helping on fitting, delivering glass and visiting customers.
According to his team members:
- “Yan Ming will not take his meal unless all fitters are back from services. “
- “When he joined, he spent 2 weeks to clean the branch inside out, when we were busy with fitting and other stuff”
- “He is always the first one got to the branch in the morning, he showed us how to do the preparation on housekeeping, vehicles, tools & equipments, he worked with us and coaching on the belron way of fitting, this changed our way of working”
- The leakage rate is dropping tremendously, fitters doing extra service such as cleaning interior and glass.
- New tools such as Ezi-wire and glue gun is widely used, for both drive in and mobile customer.
- Service attitude is recognized by the customers.
- Yan Ming’s team NPS score was increased from 12% to 46% in July.2011.
- SLT won a major customer (Zhen He auto service ) back from our major competitor.
- Productivity remains at 1.9 / fitter/ day, considering the mobile rate 80%, 60% are bus and coach.
- HangZhou is extremely hot in summer, there is no air-conditioning in the customer’s working area, neither in their Van”.
According to Yan Ming: “I can not do this alone, and it is all my team’s effort, they are the ones working on the tough jobs, they need to work at ZhengHe Auto service all night long to fit the coach glass several times a month.
“HangZhou is extremely hot in summer, there is no air-conditioning in the customer’s working area, neither in their Van. It is not easy to shift them from their way of fitting to Belron way of fitting, this is a challenge for all of us, we are not yet 100% comply with the standard, but we already on the way.”
As Yan Ming said, he can not make the changes alone, the team made the difference, and therefore we want to nominate the SLT team to be the everyday hero for China in 2011, and the title “Everyday Hero” defines who they are for now.